The Recruitment and Appointment Department is one of the Core departments of the Commission and is made up of two divisions namely Recruitment, Secondment and Transfer Divisions.
The Core functions of the Department are as follows;
(1) Collation of vacancy positions from MDA’s
(2) Processing of Recruitment of eligible graduates into the Federal Civil Service.
(3) Arranging for interviews by placing advertisement for vacancies in National Dailies, Television, Radio and the Internet.
(4) Processing of all applications for Transfer of service or Secondment into or out of or within the mainstream Federal Civil Service.
(5) Issuance of provisional letters of Appointment or Transfer/Secondment of service to successful applicants.
(6) Regularization of Appointment after six (6) months of offer of provisional appointments.
(7) Issuance of movement forms and staff changes
(8) Any other duty assigned by the Chairman.
(9) The Department is made up of a Director, two Deputy Directors, three Assistant Directors and host of other Administrative, Executive, Secretariat and Clerical officers.